What is an eyelash enhancement?
Eyelash enhancement is a non-invasive, aesthetic treatment that helps eyelashes grow thicker, longer, and darker.
Why get an eyelash enhancement?
The eyes are a focal point of the face. Studies show that long eyelashes are considered a sign of youth and beauty, which is why many women spend time and money applying mascara or fake lashes. If you have thin, sparse, or short eyelashes, an eyelash enhancement may be right for you.
Below are some of the benefits of an eyelash enhancement:
- Get fuller, longer, darker eyelashes
- Emphasize and frame your eyes
- Get more refreshed and youthful-looking eyes
- Eliminate the need for mascara, false lashes, or eyelash extensions
- Shield your eyes from tiny particles in the air that cause irritation
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting an eyelash enhancement?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You can use an eyelash-enhancing product, regardless of the quantity or quality of your eyelashes.
- After your surgeon recommends the right treatment plan for you, you will be able to self-apply your eyelash enhancer at home.
- Some products can cause discoloration or irritation.
- Latisse (a prescription lash enhancement medication) has fast results but may have slightly more side effects than non-prescription products.
- For eyeglass wearers, the additional eyelash length may cause your lashes to scrape the inside of the lenses.
- You should see new hair growth and longer, thicker eyelashes after about two months of continuous use.